The English-taught Master of Arts (MA) in Digital Media, Communication and Journalism (http://media.jour.auth.gr) at the University of Aristotle is the first of its kind among Greek public Universities, reflecting the steadfast commitment of the School of Journalism and Mass Communications to innovation, excellence and international outlook.
The completion of the program awards participants a Master’s degree in one of the following three pathways:
- European Journalism
- Risk Communication
- Digital Media, Communication and Culture
Christos Frangonikolopoulos is the Director of the MA and coordinator of the European Journalism pathway (http://media.jour.auth.gr/european-journalism/), which focuses on the role of news media and journalism in the emergence of a European public sphere. Combining a cross-national comparative approach to European journalistic and news cultures with a hands on coverage of current European issues, the pathway explores the complexities and challenges regarding the reporting on Europe and the European Union.
- Appreciation of the variety of European journalistic cultures and the heterogeneity of the European media landscape
- Understanding of the challenges faced by the emergence of a European journalism and a European public sphere
- Awareness of the rise of ‘Europe’ as a distinctive issue area
- Acquisition of key investigative, analytical and reporting skills regarding the covering of issues from a European, rather than national, point of view